Thursday, March 14, 2013

Webspinna
           I have been thinking a lot about money lately. Over the last couple of weeks I have been really worried about my financial situation for several different reasons. One of the biggest reasons is because I'm going on a Study Abroad for spring semester and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for all of it. Since money has been on my mind a lot lately, I thought I would make this the focus of my Webspinna. All of my sound from the internet has something to do with how money create happiness. I  do know that we can be happy and not have a lot of money, but I was also inspired by the hip-hip genre of music for this assignment and hip-hop is all about getting rich or die trying. I do listen to a lot of hip-hop and rap music and one of the major themes in all of rap music is rags to riches. A lot of rappers started out living in poverty and were able to rise to the top of the financial world through their music. It's interesting to me thought because none of the rap songs really talk about how they are thankful for their money or they are happy with the place they are in their lives, they mostly just rap about getting more money. In one of the songs that I used there is a lyrics that says, "It's not just money, It's happiness. It's the difference between being happy and sad". I thought about this a lot because in life we are told that we don't need a lot of money to be happy, but we really do need money to survive in this world. For this assignment I was inspired by the part of the reading that discussed sampling. In hop-hop music there is a lot of sampling from other songs to create the beat of a rap song. In a way the whole webspinna assignment revolved around sample by taking other peoples' creations and making them our own. 

never sleeps
root of evil
cha ching
sample
religion
register
money
coins
cream

No comments:

Post a Comment