Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fireside Chat

I was really apprehensive about this assignment because I am a very behind the scenes kind of person. I am not the type of person that likes to be in front of crowds while sharing anything about myself, so this assignment was very nerve racking for me. It was a little bit comforting to know that a lot of my classmates felt the same way that I did. Though I was kind of dreading the whole fireside chat, I ended up really enjoying the whole experience.

The best thing about this assignment was hearing the other students' stories. I think that because we were kind of forced to share things about ourselves that would not have normally shared it brought us closer together as a class. This is really important because we are going to be working with each other for the next couple of years. This assignment also made me extremely grateful that I get to work with these talented students. 

My belief that I wanted to share with this assignment is that change is good. I feel like we have been hearing about change for the last couple of years and especially this year with the re-election of President Obama. He has been actively trying to make changes that while greatly benefit a lot be people with things like gender equality and equality for the LGBTQ community. I believe that change is good and we should be actively trying to make our communities better and stronger through change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment